Administrative Assistant -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Archives & Information Service
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00002360&tz=G...
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: A-15
Classification No. 0156/Admin Assistant IV
Job Posting No. 00002360
Monthly Salary: $3,050 - $3,450 /Month
Date Job Available: August 1, 2018
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00002360&tz=G...
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Military Crosswalk Information - Veterans, Reservist or Guardsman with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of: Army - 92A - Automated Logistical Specialist; Navy -SN Seaman; Coast Guard - 360 Yeoman; Marine - 0111 Administrative Specialist; Air Force - 3A1X1 - Administration, or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirement may meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
The Administrative Assistant performs advanced (senior level) administrative support for the Archives and Information Services Division. The Assistant disseminates information regarding division policies and procedures as appropriate to employees and the public. Maintains filing systems of both paper and electronic records. Works closely with Purchasing and Accounting Staff to coordinate acquisition of materials and equipment. The ability to provide excellent customer service in a high volume office and the ability to multi-task are essential elements of this position. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs all administrative and clerical functions of the division
- Serves as the Purchasing Liaison for the division, coordinating the use of designated state and federal funds
- Serves as the Records Coordinator for the division
- Answers high volume telephone and electronic mail and refers or responds appropriately
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the Division Director
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures including safety and standards of conduct
- Two years college level coursework or High School and three years of progressively responsible Administrative Assistant work
- Three years office clerical experience
- Three years public contact experience
- One year experience working with automated systems including data entry
- Poise and appearance to tactfully deal with the public
Knowledge of business English, composition, and spelling
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures
- Ability to plan and arrange own work in order to meet mandatory deadlines
- Ability to process multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to move boxes weighing up to 35 lbs
- Experience explaining rules, regulations, policies, or procedures to the public
- College courses in computer science, human resources, English, or related fields
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Access
- Experience using Web editing software such as HTML or Drupal
- Experience creating online forms
- Experience creating/maintaining databases and spreadsheets
- Experience with state purchasing rules and regulations
- Experience with CAPPS
- Experience maintaining office files
- Experience following records retention and disposition schedules
OTHER REQUIREMENTS & INFORMATION
- College transcripts required
- The successful candidate must pass a criminal history check
- Texas State Purchasing training must have been completed or taken within the first 6 months of employment
- Reports to the Director, Archives and Information Services
- No supervisory responsibility