Reference Librarian -- Waco-McLennan County Library -- Waco, TX
Are you creative, energetic, and innovative? Do you believe in the mission of libraries and want to share that enthusiasm with the public? Then the Waco-McLennan County Library wants you to join its team. We are searching for someone who is passionate about providing excellent library services to the people of Waco and excited about new challenges.
- Provides reference service and resource recommendations using print, media, and digital resources
- Provides research and information assistance
- Provides readers advisory service
- Instructs patrons in the use of library materials and online catalog
- Collection development of the collection, through selection and weeding in assigned subject areas
- Promotes library collections, technology and services through presentations, programs, and topical displays
- Assists in planning and implementing adult programs and displays
- Conducts instructional tours of library facilities
- Maintains discipline and order in the library
- Provides basic circulation service, as needed
- Substitutes at branches as needed
- Assumes responsibility of the library in the absence of managers
- Special knowledge of publishing trends, authors, titles, and reading interests of adults.
- In-depth knowledge of library materials, services, and operations.
- Knowledge of emerging information and library technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, use time effectively, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and to creatively solve problems related to the position
- Must be able to pay close attention to details and concentrate on work with frequent interruptions.
Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution is required. Public Library experience preferred.
Apply online at the City of Waco website: http://www.waco-texas.com/jobs