Library Associate/ Information Services Department -- Pioneer Library System -- Norman, OK
POSITION OPEN: LIBRARY ASSOCIATE
NORMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY
225 N. WEBSTER
NORMAN, OK 73069
POSITION: Library Associate/ Information Services Department
BEGINNING SALARY: Grade 8, Base ($17.03/hr)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Part-time, hourly position. Hours will vary weekly based on fluctuating Branch or Department demand. Must be available to work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: June 21 through July 1, 2018
Performs high-level customer service to Pioneer Library System and the Norman Public Library customers including reference, reader’s advisory, programming and outreach; has working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products; performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university;
- Three years relevant experience;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, education and/or experience may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Knowledge of office procedures, clerical work, skills in typing and filing;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines and standard office software products;
- Thorough knowledge of library circulation practices and procedures as well as reader’s advisory and reference services and functions;
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the internet and database information retrieval;
- Ability to deal with customers and co-workers in a pleasant and courteous manner;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs; ability to retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
Applications accepted through July 1, 2018. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org – click Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506.