Science Research Librarian -- Stephen F. Austin State University -- Nacogdoches, TX
The Stephen F. Austin State University Ralph W. Steen Library, located in Nacogdoches, Texas, is seeking a science research librarian for a 12-month, tenure-track position. This position is responsible for developing the collections and leading the information literacy programs for the College of Sciences and Mathematics, the Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture, and other academic departments, as needed. This position participates in the library’s instructional services program and provides reference service to students, faculty, staff and other constituents. This position reports to the head of research and instructional services.
Key responsibilities include:
- serves as liaison to the College of Sciences and Mathematics, the Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture, and other academic departments, as assigned
- collaborates with faculty members to develop a relevant collection for science and health care programs
- develops, teaches and assesses the information literacy programs for science and health care academic programs in collaboration with faculty members and other librarians
- plans and conducts workshops to support undergraduate, graduate and faculty research
- plans, promotes and provides a variety of information services for assigned academic departments
- develops, teaches and assesses the library’s instructional services program
- provides research consultation, reference service and instructional support for students, faculty and staff
- promotes the library as a creative and productive space for students on campus
- maintains statistics regarding department services and prepares periodic reports
- contributes to the profession of librarianship through presentations, publications and participation in relevant professional associations.
Required: Master's degree in library science from an American Library Association-accredited institution, and a bachelor’s degree in the field of science or mathematics is required.
Possess extensive knowledge of electronic services, basic knowledge of issues dealing with scholarly communications, including digital publishing, open educational resources and data management.
A minimum of three years of related experience is required.
Librarian rank is determined by level of experience, publications, membership affiliations, etc. Minimum requirements listed are those for the Librarian II rank.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To submit an application, visit https://careers.sfasu.edu/