Research Librarian -- Webster University -- St. Louis, MO
Apply Here: https://webster.peopleadmin.com/postings/2470
Location: St. Louis/Webster Groves, MO
Job Description Summary
The Research Librarian provides comprehensive service which includes working at the research desk with evening and weekend hours, responding to telephone, chat, and e-mail inquiries and research questions, providing individual and group instruction in the use of paper and electronic resources, information literacy, and re skills for classes. Works with the research team to expand services and offer online research assistance. Adapt the latest technology to support additional services. Reports to the Head of Research Services.
- Master's degree in Library Science
- Library experience
- Computer/Internet experience
- Teaching skills/experience
- Knowledge of OCLC, Internet, and electronic reference resources
- Strong analytic abilities
- Serves as a member of the research team and participates in Research, Liaison and all staff meetings when available.
- Provides ready research service and in-depth individual instruction to faculty, administrators, staff, students, and other members of the community. Works on a rotating basis with other research staff to cover the research desk during the day, evening, and weekend hours for the majority of the hours the library is open.
- Assists patrons with research questions in person at the research desk and other areas of the library, responds to research and research inquiries over the phone, through chat, and through the library’s Ask-A-Librarian e-mail service.
- Works with students and staff to provide the clerical support needed for various research projects such as, article copying, sorting and scanning, and requesting copyright permissions.
- Teaches research skills and the use of specific research tools in print, electronic, and web-based formats through point-of-need instruction in the library.
- Works with all electronic databases and the library’s catalog (Bridges), becoming familiar with intricacies of each tool.
- Work with the other research librarians to offer online chat sessions, live virtual research, online interactive research and other services supported by new advances in technology.
- Solves problems for patrons who have trouble accessing library databases in the library, for online students, and for students at the extended campuses all over the world. Strives for continuing professional growth through reading professional journals, attending library, and information-related workshops and training sessions when possible.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Special Instructions to Applicants
If you are unable to submit your documents online, send them to:
Research Librarian, St. Louis/Webster Groves, Mo
Human Resources Jobs
470 E. Lockwood Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119
Open Date: 06/09/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes