Copyright 101: Helping Patrons Understand Copyright
In this course, we will start with a brief overview of the history of American copyright law and then discuss how copyright law effects our work as information professionals. Finally, we will explore solutions to possible copyright-related dilemmas we may encounter with our patrons and in our work.
Disclaimer: This class is not taught by a lawyer. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer.
- Understand the purpose of copyright law and regulations
- Distinguish ways that copyright law effects library work and patron usage
- Apply copyright-related solutions to library work and interactions with patrons
Attendees should have familiarity with Web browsers and the Internet. Basic HTML experience is preferred.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Approximately one hour of homework will be required each day.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit Adobe's detailed requirements page for an in-depth list or run a system and connection test on your computer now.
This course consists of two 2-hour sessions.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 4
10:30 am - 12:30 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 165.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 200.00|